Friday, August 18, 2006

The OCHO!

Last week, my boss lent me his copy of Dodgeball. I can't remember exactly why he thought I was missing something having never seen it, but I gotta tell y'all, I don't exactly look to Ben Stiller movies for enlightenment or really, entertainment.

I won't recap the plot here because it's a timeless tale of scrappy underdogs fighting an egotistical Goliath, with some really innane sports-TV banter and assorted stereotyping. Oh yeah, and well-placed B-list celebrity cameos. Chuck Norris. William Shatner. And Lance Armstrong.

Who, on a day when we're feeling pretty crappy about cancer, gave us this gem:

LA: "Quit? You know, once I was thinking of quitting when I was diagnosed with brain, lung and testicular cancer all at the same time. But with the love and support of my friends and family, I got back on the bike and won the Tour de France five times in a row. But I'm sure you have a good reason to quit. So what are you dying of that's keeping you from the finals?"

Dude, my boss is really awesome. And apparently clairvoyant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home