Thursday, August 31, 2006

A note on my visit with Dr. B.

Like any encouter with the medical profession, this one entailed a fair amount of waiting. In order to kill some time I indulged in my usual passtime of being a nosey bugger, and flipped through my chart, which was conviniently left outside the exam room. On the top of the stack of paerwork was a letter from Dr. T the oncologist, addressed to my primary care physician, summarizing our initial meeting. Dr. T dryly described me as a "healthy, well-developed, skinny, 39 year-old caucasian male," which I found priceless. Somewhat more ominously, however, he closed the note by saying "thank you for referring this interesting case to our practice." I don't know if this was a banal medical politeness, but I do know that when it comes to illness, I don't like being interesting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it's about time you were interesting to someone that sees you naked.

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home