Wednesday, April 25, 2007

oh. my. god.


* Image swiped from Twisty Faster, my favorite spinster aunt with cancer. It's the receipt from her latest cancer med. For a one-month supply. It's not covered by her insurance.

** You know what kills me? The "ACCEPTED" text on the receipt. I don't think many people would be surprised to know that line would read "DECLINED" if Dan had to buy the same med for his cancer.

*** Seriously, $40,000 for a one-year supply of medicine to keep you alive? What are you supposed to do? Take out a third mortgage? Rob a bank? Sell a child? I've only got one kidney left, y'all.

**** Comment by Spinning Liz, a lymphoma patient, on this post: "If [my] cancer recurs I’ll need a stem call transplant, in which case my name will legally change to Old MacDonald because I’ll have no choice except to purchase the farm."

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yikes! This is the kind of thing that truly divides the haves from the have-nots... it's either health insurance with a prescription drug benefit, or else....

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home